Architecture Preview

La Pedrera, Spain
 
1. the architects are Antoni Gaudí and Josep Maria Jujol.
2. It was built between 1906 and 1912
3. It is located in Barcelona, Spain
4. La Pedrera is known as a museum and it open to everyone.
5. It does not say.
6. A married couple Pere Milà and Roser Segimon needed a home so they hired Antoni Gaudí to build this as their home and to rent out the other apartments.
7. I picked this building because it looked very interesting and I had never seen anything like it. It caught my eye because it is so big and once I started researching it it got more and more interesting and cool.


Turning Torso, Sweden


1. Santiago Calatrava
2.2005
3.Malmo on the Swedish side of the oresund strait
4.the building is residential so it is open to visitors for no more than 3 weeks in the summer
5. 550 million swedish crowns
6.The builder wanted to design a building based off the idea of twisting cubes
7. I chose this building because it looks very cool and I have never seen a building that twists like this one does. It is also very skinny and tall for a building and you normally don't see this in Austin so I thought that was pretty cool.

Atomium, Belgium

1. Jean Polak and André Polak built this
2. 1957
3. Belgium
4. It is now museum
5. 26 million
6. It was intended to honor the metals industry and celebrate the atomic age.
7. I chose this building because I have never seen a building like this ever and I think that this is a really cool building and I would love to go visit it. At first I thought that it was a ferris wheel so that is pretty cool that it is actually a building that you can go visit.

Eden project, United Kingdom

1.Nicholas Grimshaw
2. 1998
3. UK
4. The Eden Project is public.
5. 141 million
6. It was built to demonstrate the importance of plants to people and to promote sustainable use of plant resources.
7. I chose this building because it gave me really earthy vibe and it is very beautiful to look at. What caught my eye was the bubble like building(s) because they take in the light and help the plants inside grow. And I think that it is super cool that they made this building because I think people don't realize the importance of plants.

Nautilus House, Mexico

1Javier Senosiain
2. 2006-2007
3. Mexico
4. It is public and many people like to rent it.
5. It doesn't say
6. Javier Senosiain wanted to create an organic building with curves and texture just like a seashell.
7. I chose this house because it is very beautiful and caught my eye with the all of the color on the windows. When I was looking at the pictures of the inside I loved the design and the concept of the house and I would love to sleep there one night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car raid

Sports Portfolios