My favorite Cover

Favorite:


Readers' Choice Winner
VICE
Post-Election Road-Trip Issue, June 2017
Alen Zukanovic, Designer
Naomi Harris, Photographer
"Naomi Harris has always been attracted to the American road trip. For our June Issue, she spent the first 100 days of Donald Trump’s presidency living out of her car and traveling across the country. Her motivation was figuring out 'how the polls and the media got it all wrong.' She traveled across 19 states, speaking to Americans (and taking their portraits) to find out how and why they voted. The cover features Richard, a Vietnam vet she met along the way (he voted for Clinton). We think the story and cover is playful and surprising yet timely and provocative."

Response: 
I think that overall this is not the best cover to put on a magazine.  When I first looked at it I thought it was funny, but I also didn't know what was going on. If I were to see this in a magazine store or just in general I would not know what the magazine was about if I first saw it. This magazine cover needs to have more information, a title, a heading, something that catches my eye, and big bold letters all on the cover. This cover needs more things that attracts my attention as well as makes me want to read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car raid

Sports Portfolios